1. 85542514 (LINSANITY) - This 1B application was filed in Class 35 (advertising and business) by Roger Montgomery of San Antonio, Texas. Mr. Montgomery filed his application on February 14, 2012 and he has not yet alleged a date of actual usage.
2. 85542887 (LINSANITY) - This 1B application was filed on February 14, 2012 in Class 14 (jewelry) by Yoonsoo Stephen Kim and Wesley Kwong-Yew Tang both of Duluth, Georgia. They have not yet alleged a date of actual usage.
***Original article below***
There are currently three (3) applications in process for various capitalizations of LINSANITY in the United States of America. Only one of the trademark applications (No. 85541426) is applicable to the basketball player for the New York Knickerbockers.
Out of these three (3) applications, Mr. Lin filed his application the latest. However, the only application that has stated an actual date of use is the 'Linsanity' application by Mr. Slayton. The first application filed was by Mr. Chang, but it was only two (2) days before Mr. Slayton and only six (6) days before Mr. Lin's.
If you want to search yourself, go to the following link http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp. Scroll down and click the link that says Trademark Electronic Search System. Click 'Basic Word Mark Search (New User)'. Type 'linsanity' in the Search Term Box and click the 'Submit Query' button. You should get the below three (3) applications (though other applications may be filed after this article's publication date).
1. 85541426 (LINSANITY) - This is Jeremy Lin's 1B application for the mark in five (5) different classes: Class 18 (leather goods), 21 (housewares and glass), 25 (clothing), 28 (toys and sporting goods), 32 (light beverages). The full application is linked below or on the public USPTO site. Mr. Lin did not file his application until February 13, 2012 and he has not stated a date of actual use.
LINSANITY Trademark Application (No. 85541426)
2. 85537764 (Linsanity) - This 1A application was filed in Class 25 (clothing) by Andrew W. Slayton of Los Altos, California. Mr. Slayton claims to have been using the LINSANITY mark since July 17, 2010. However, Mr. Slayton did not file his application until February 9, 2012. The applicant included the following miscellaneous statement in the application.
I purchased Linsanity.com on July 17, 2010 for the express purposes of using this site and this term in commerce when the timing was appropriate. The site is now live as of Feb. 8th, 2012 and my first Linsanity T-shirt was sold on this same date.
3. 85535650 (LINsanity) - This 1B application was filed in Class 25 (clothing) by Yenchin (Matthew) Chang of Alhambra, California. Mr. Chang did not file his application until February 7, 2012 and he has not yet alleged a date of actual usage.