Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Former Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev Tells The Aussies That It's Time For A Second American Revolution In The Spirit of Perestroika

Truth be told, I had no idea what "perestroika" meant until I started writing this blog post. Well, I looked it up and here is what I found when I searched for the definition of perestroika.

Noun
(in the late 1980s) the policy of restructuring the Soviet economy and political system [Russian: reconstruction]

Former President Gorbachev recently said that it is time for an American version of perestroika. However considering the source, this article about a 2nd American Revolution could just be some good old-fashioned Russian propaganda!

Gorbechev says: [i]n recent years, I have often told listeners that I feel Americans need their own change - a perestroika, not like the one in my country, but an American perestroika - and the reaction has been markedly different. Halls filled with thousands of people have responded with applause.

No comments: