Sunday, August 23, 2009

Humans on Verge of Creating Artificial Life!

I never thought I would live to see man being able to create synthetic life. Artificial intelligence and evil man-eating robots, yes, but not artificial life. Despite my disbelief, the world may be only a few months away from man-created artificial life.

That is scary! Man is now playing God. I can only imagine how terrible this experiment will be when it is all said and done.

Artificial life will be created within four months, a controversial scientist has predicted. Craig Venter, who led a private project to sequence the human genome, told The Times that his team had cleared a critical hurdle to creating man-made organisms in a laboratory.

“Assuming we don’t make any errors, I think it should work and we should have the first synthetic species by the end of the year,” he said.

Source: London Times Online

No comments: