Sunday, March 28, 2010

FLASHBACK: Speaker Nancy Pelosi Says End of Rep. Jane Harman's Chairmanship Had Nothing Do with Eavesdropping & Wiretapping Allegations

I always thought that Rep. Harman was an ally of Speaker Pelosi, but I now have my doubts. Nevertheless, Speaker Pelosi still gave the public no hint of any inside rivalries when she pointed out the "reason" why Rep. Harman was not given a prestigious chairmanship back in 2009. I do not normally agree with Speaker Pelosi, but in this rare case, I do, because there is no way I would want to see Rep. Harman as the House Intelligence Committee chair in 2009, 2010 and potentially beyond.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi quashed theories today about why Rep. Jane Harman wasn't given that House Intelligence Committee chairmanship that's become the focus of so many news reports. "The only reason why Jane is not the chairman is because she already served her two terms. It had nothing to do with her position on Iraq; it had nothing to do with donors; it had nothing to do with eavesdropping, wiretapping; it had nothing to do with anything,"

Source: U.S. News & World Report


No comments: