Thursday, January 07, 2010

More Than 2,000,000,000 People Are Infected with Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Bacteria That Causes Tuberculosis (TB)

When I was kid I remember my Granny talking about how folks used to get "the TB" way back in the day, and if we didn't wear a beanie outside in the cold, then we might get the dreaded TB. I paid her no attention when I was a youngster, because I thought that tuberculosis had been eradicated from the face of the Earth. It turns out that I was wrong. Very wrong.

Instead of hyping up the H1N1 "swine flu," the powers-that-be should be focusing on TB, because it is being reported that
more than 2,000,000,000 (2 billion) people are infected with the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis that causes tuberculosis.

Folks, that is scary!


Tuberculosis is the world's seventh-leading cause of death. It killed 1.8 million people worldwide last year, up from 1.77 million in 2007. It is one of three primary diseases that are closely linked to poverty, the other two being Aids and malaria.

Source: Telegraph


No comments: