Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Buy Farms, Land & Gold Says "Dr. Doom" Marc Faber in Tokyo

Dr. Doom. ™ and © Marvel Characters, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

I don't know who this Marc Faber is, but I certainly like his moniker "Dr. Doom." Victor Von Doom a/k/a Dr. Doom was always my favorite comic book villain. I don't know if I should be listening to Dr. Doom, but I certainly agree that people should be trying to buy farmland and gold. However, I don't know if I should be saying that, because it will only increase the demand for farms and I don't have one yet.

The world’s most powerful investors have been advised to buy farmland, stock up on gold and prepare for a “dirty war” by Marc Faber, the notoriously bearish market pundit, who predicted the 1987 stock market crash...

“The next war will be a dirty war,” he told fund managers: "What are you going to do when your mobile phone gets shut down or the internet stops working or the city water supplies get poisoned?”

Source: Times Online


No comments: