Monday, February 01, 2010

Ongoing Gun Confiscation in Canada Under Project Safe City

Gun confiscation is not a topic limited to the shores of the United States. There is an on-going gun confiscation/registration program happening in Canada called Project Safe City. The below quote is from a newspaper columnist who was recently visited by officers in connection with this gun confiscation/registration program.

Officers Firth and Kozar in attendance. "What's up, boys?" My preference was to talk to them through the plate glass door. They wanted to come inside.

Officer K. said, "Are you aware of Project Safe City?" I hate it when a guy answers a question with a question.
..

Officer K. reminded me that my firearms licence had expired. He said I could turn the gun over to them for storage, or they could take the gun and destroy it.

Source: Toronto Star


No comments: