Monday, March 15, 2010

Canada is Buying More United States Real Estate Properties Than Any Other Country

I like my Canadian neighbors, but I jokingly act as if I don't like the Nation - namely because I grew up watching pro wrestling and Vince McMahon always knew how to pit the USA against foreign Nation States even our own Canadian neighbors. I fell right into Vinny Mac's baiting as did many other American wrestling fans.

Nevertheless, Canada still obviously likes the United States (or wants to buy us out), because with current exchange rate, Canadians are buying properties at a greater rate than citizens in any other Nation State. Because many Canadians live in cold, icy areas, some of these Canadians are checking out properties in the Sun Belt.


Developers will be hard at work courting Canadian dollars this week as families descend on Florida, Arizona and other sun destinations for the March break.

According to a U.S.-based National Association of Realtors study of international home buying activity, Canadians were the No. 1 foreign purchasers of property in the United States in 2009.

Source: Toronto Star


No comments: