Friday, December 03, 2010

FLASHBACK: Bobby O'Jay Says WDIA Set to Begin HD2 Simulcast

The only reason I'm posting this article about WDIA upgrading its broadcast to HD is because I have been getting a lot of traffic from people looking for Bobby O'Jay in the last few days. Last year, I posted an encounter between former Mayor Willie Herenton and Mr. O'Jay from the radio (Willie Herenton Blasts WDIA's Bobby O'Jay on Radio and Joe Birch on TV (W.W. Says His State of Mind is Real Good)!) that was an instant classic, so perhaps that is why I'm getting the traffic. Nevertheless, this story also allowed me the chance to do some research on HD radio which I had heard about, but knew nothing about.

CLEAR CHANNEL Black Talk WDIA-A/MEMPHIS has been pumping out 50,000 watts of good will for decades. Now, according to OM/morning host BOBBY O’JAY, "It’s time for an upgrade." According to O’JAY, the station is scheduled to simulcast on sister station Urban AC KJMS’s HD2 side channel, which is 100,000 watts.

No comments: