Tuesday, January 03, 2012

FLASHBACK: U.S. Government Allegedly Spies on Protesters with Insect-Sized Spy Drones (2007)

I have read about these "insect" drones in the past being used to spy on protesters, but aside from a U.S. Air Force post some time back I have not written much about them. I don't know why I decided to finally blog about it tonight, but if the government had these types of drones in 2007, I wonder what it has five (5) years later. Check out what some people in the crowd had to say about these drones.


Vanessa Alarcon saw them while working at an antiwar rally in Lafayette Square last month...


...I look up and I'm like, 'What the hell is that?' They looked kind of like dragonflies or little helicopters. But I mean, those are not insects."

Out in the crowd, Bernard Crane saw them, too.

"I'd never seen anything like it in my life," the Washington lawyer said. "They were large for dragonflies. I thought, 'Is that mechanical, or is that alive?' "

Source: Washington Post


No comments: