Friday, August 14, 2009

How I Prevented My Chronic Sore Throats! (One Man's Testimonial)

I cannot make medical claims, because I am not a doctor, so this is merely my personal testimonial on how I was able to prevent my chronic sore throats. For the first 30 years of my life, I experienced many sore throats resulting from post nasal drip and these sore throats usually required medication to remedy.

At one point, I was getting tonsillitis, sinusitis, strep throat and/or pharyngitis on a monthly basis. It would start with a post nasal drip and usually lead to a week or so of agony. One doctor even recommended that I get my tonsils removed. Another doctor commented a few years ago while I was being examined in the emergency room about the significant scarring in the back of my throat from all these sicknesses.

I finally said enough is enough and decided to figure out how to prevent these sore throats. That was in 2002! After many years of trials and errors, I have finally settled on a remedy that is currently working for me.

As of today, I have gone nearly two years without having any type of serious sore throat issue or having to take any prescription medicine.

Here is the personal sore throat prevention method that I currently use today.

1. Gargle With Hydrogen Peroxide Everyday. I usually gargle for 30-60 seconds making sure to hit the back of my throat. I do not swallow it, because non-food grade hydrogen has impurities that can make someone ill if ingested. I gargle more frequently (as many times as needed throughout a day) if I feel any slight tinge of throat pain.

2. Take Daily Doses of Either Vitamin C, Black Walnut Hulls, Grapeseed Extract, Elderberry and/or Oil of Oregano. I do not take each of these supplements everyday, but I do take at least one of these supplements everyday. I mix it up. For example, I may take one elderberry capsule and two Vitamin C capsules on Monday and then take one black walnut hull capsule on Tuesday.

3. Drink Filtered Water. I bought a Berkey filter with the fluoride and arsenic filters. I try to drink as much water as I can in a day, because I usually forget to stay properly hydrated. Water helps keep the sinus cavities from drying out and getting congested.

4. Use Simply Saline (Allergy & Sinus Relief) for Post-Nasal Drip & Congestion. Anytime I feel even the slightest possibility that I may be getting some post nasal drip or sinus congestion in my throat, I flood my nasal cavities with this saline solution several times throughout the day until the congestion is gone. It only contains water and salt. No drugs or preservatives. This is the only spray that has worked for me. All the other ones caused my nose to bleed.

5. Eat More Cayenne Pepper or Any Other Hot Pepper. I try to consume cayenne pepper any time I can. I have pepper capsules that I take from time to time as well as cayenne pepper powder.

This is my personal story, so I cannot say whether someone would experience similar results. All I know is that I no longer have the chronic sore throats that plagued me the first 30 or so years of my life.

1 comment:

aha moments said...

Nasal rinses and of course a neti pot are a great place to start!

I have a family full of family sufferers and collectively we have tried it all -- yoga(!), changes in diet, neti, rinses, etc.!

And then some who have gotten to the point where surgery or a balloon sinuplasty procedure are necessary.

No fun! Talk to your doc, do your homework, and Be Well!