Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sheriff Richard Mack Responds to Southern Poverty Law Center's Hate Speech Smear Attack on Oath Keepers

August 14, 2009
www.oathkeepers.org
Richard Mack press release:

PICT0053In all the years that Morris Dees and his Southern Poverty Law Center (a name to this day I still don’t understand) have been writing about me, not once has anyone in Dees’ office nor he personally, ever made any attempt to contact me to get my side of the “information” they put out about me. Dees has claimed that I am some icon of the militias and quite honestly, I have no idea where he gets this stuff. I have had no contact with any militia group and have never been a member of any militia. What little I do know about militia groups is that they do appear to be much more honorable people than Morris Dees. The SPLC ought to follow the rules of common decency and stop spreading their own hate speech about people they know very little about.

Anyone who has heard me speak at the Oath Keepers ceremony in Lexington or anywhere else in the country, know that I abhor violence and have never advocated or encouraged such tactics. In fact, at the Lexington Oath Keepers event I spoke of my admiration for Rosa Parks and how we should all follow her example. What does the SPLC call Rosa Parks? I simply suggest that we should all stand against stupid laws just as she did; and yes, even if some of those laws today are IRS tax codes, many of which are the epitome of stupidity.

If Morris Dees and his SPLC believe the words in the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are offensive and extreme, then I suggest he find a place to live that is not given to such “hate speech.” Those of us who do not believe in putting Americans in concentration camps (as the government did to Japanese Americans during WWII) or don’t believe in gun control or out of control spending or bailouts for Wallstreet criminals or the trampling of our freedoms by those in office who swore to protect the same, just because we don’t believe in such things does not make us racists. Mr. Dees, why don’t you tell us all how much money you have made by spreading such misinformation?

I challenge Morris Dees to an honest open debate about any or all of these issues. If he really believes his information to be true; he should have no problem accepting my offer.

Sheriff Richard Mack (RET)

MORE FROM STEWART RHODES:

Apparently, the SPLC finds it particularly worrisome that active duty and retired military and police would dare to gather on April 19, 2009 on Lexington Green and renew our oaths to defend the Constitution. The horrors!

Next I will be posting the response of Navy LCDR David Gillie (who also spoke at Lexington), and then my own response.

Image: Alan Smith

Source: Oathkeepers

No comments: